Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Leather floor and wall tiles - did you know about them?

Earlier this week I came across a reference to leather floor tiles. Now, I don't know if you are like me, but I had never come across leather floor tiles before and, like the No 9 bus, the subject cropped up a couple of times more. I thought then that I ought to find out a bit more about them. One thing that became clear perhaps explained why I had not come across them before - price. It appeared they started at around £100 per sq. mtr although you can get cheaper fibre board versions, so they would not be used in the circles I mixed in! And did you know you can also get leather look porcelain tiles. I didn't

So, what are leather floor tiles. Well, it appears you can get 100% leather (buffallo hide / cow hide) or leather fibre board (leather fibres bonded together probably on a backing such as cork). Leather, whatever it is used for, is essentially a by-product of the food industry.

Although I researched leather floor tiles, it does seem that these tiles are also used as wall coverings and for furniture. I wiuld guess that having leather on your wall is the hight of luxury, leather being sound absorbant as well as looking warm and comfortable. Having a real leather top on your desk is also luxurious and, to some extent, quite decadent!

It would appear that leather floor tiles are, surprisingly durable and, like some woods, do get better as they age, especially if they are looked after. That is where I come in! Using Heritage Leathercare in the usual manner, will keep your leather products, including floor and wall tiles looking good and in good condition and will also extend their lifetime.

Heritage Leathercare can be bought online, visit http://heritagepolish.com/shop/heritage-leathercare/cat_4.html

3 comments:

EcoDomo said...

hi - you can see them at www.ecodomo.com !!

EcoDomo said...

hi - you can see leather tiles in a variety of applications at www.ecodomo.com or on our facebook page - check out ecodomollc !

tilesonbradman swimming pool tile said...

I read your blog. I find that leather floor tiles are looking, so great. Before that, I don’t know about this. But, get so much knowledge about this topic. I also, get the advantages of leather floor tiles, as well. It’s treating as a luxury in the society.