Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

How I began selling Heritage Woodcare and Heritage Leathercare

I don't know f I have ever told you how I started selling Heritage Polishes. If I have, please forgive me for repeating myself. It all started way back in the annals of history - alright it was, I think about June / July 1998. At the time I had a very small business selling and delivering petfood in addition to a full time job. One day I got into conversation with the manufacturer of Heritage Polishes and, for some reason we started talking about shows. I knew that at the time he wasn't doing much in the way of shows in England so suggested that he looked at my local show - the Town and Country Show held at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire. What he said next has changed my life. He said "Why don't you do it Jim? So I did! I booked the show using my credit card. Chris said that an existing distributor had had to pull out so he would arrange for the stock to be sent to me and would come to the Show to demonstrate to me how to sell the polish. He was as good as his word and I got home from work one day to find my hall full of boxes of polish. That is when it hit me what I had agreed to and I panicked - My finances would not allow me to not succeed. Anyway Chris came as agreed and showed me how to sell the polish. The first day was so successful that I was able to pay for the stand. The second day I doubled my first days takings and was close to running out of polish so I had to dash to London to meet the distributor and collect the remaining stock he had left.The third day of the show I tripled my first dsys sales. All in all it was a fantastic show and I knew I had a winner. Later I learned that my closest competitor had had a very poor show taking less than one third of his target figure and probably only just covering his costs and making no profit! To find out more about this winner visit www.heritagepolish.com or www.heritagewoodcare.co.uk or www.heritageleathercare.co.uk

No comments: