Pages

Monday 31 October 2011

Can I use Heritage Leathercare on wood?

Did YOU know that you can use Heritage Leathercare on wood? Well, you can!

Being a beeswax based balsom, it is really good and leaves a brilliant shine. You do, however, need to buff it up!

I was called to have a look at some problems in a church. The church had recently undergone some restoration but some areas of wood (panelling and pews) appeared to be much lighter, almost to having lost their colour. I tried Heritage Woodcare which certainly removed grime and did put some colour in but not really enough. I then tried a coloured (brown) leather balsom but this did not really do much at all. My last attempt was with Heritage Leathercare. To my surprise this really did the trick. The colour was restored and the problem area was indistinguishable from the surrounding wood.

I also have some coffee tables with a leather insert. These are really easy to clean with Heritage Leathercare. I am able to use the one product on both the leather and the wood surrounds but, as I have said, I do need to buff the wood up.

You can buy Heritage leathercare online, visit www.heritagepolish.com/shop/heritage-leathercare/cat_4.html

No comments: