Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

Preparing for Christmas - using Heritage polish to clean and polish your wood floors

Well, I said I had a lot to say, having been absent for a few weeks, How are your wood floors? (nothing like being direct , is there?)  Are you ready for all those visitors you will get over Christmas?

To be truthful, I am not ready. I am hoping to be able to buckle down and get them done tomorrow (Saturday - I have to put that in as you know the old saying about tomorrow - it never comes!) So, bright and early tomorrow, when everyone else is in bed, I have promised myself that I will clean and polish my wood floors.

I have already done the hard work i.e. the preparation was done years ago, so all I have to do is sweep the floors and then mop them with Heritage Woodcare. The real hard work comes in moving all the furniture so that I can mop underneath. Having mopped, I then have to put all the furniture back!

In previous posts (e.g. see http://heritagepolish.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/how-can-i-remove-black-marks-caused-by.html  which tells you how to remove black marks caused by bitumen i.e. the preparation) I have also told you how to use Heritage Woodcare - visit http://www.heritagewoodcare.co.uk/how-to-use/ . The short cut I use on my floors, assuming the preparation has already been done, is to give my bottle a really good shake (as instructed by the manufacturer) pour a little on the floor, then take a squeegee mop (I keep one specially for my wood floors). move the mop around in the spill and then just mop till the whole floor has been done. As I say, the real hard work comes in moving the furniture!

Don't forget, you can buy Heritage Woodcare online, visit  http://www.heritagewoodcare.co.uk/products-page/

No comments: