Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2011

How can I restore the colour to my Leather Suite

I have received a query from a reader asking me for help with restoring the colour to his suite.
Apparently his favourite chair is starting to lose it.s colour where it receives a lot of wear.As it happens I do stock a range of coloured balams suitable for just this problem.

To use these balsams, it is recommended the furniture is thoroughly cleaned first. I suggest it is washed using soapy water - Dreft, Simple soap, baby soap, soap flakes, etc. We don't recommend detergent based products. Having washed your furniture, make sure it is totally dry, and I mean dry.

Take your coloured balsam and apply sparingly in circular motions. Start with the problem areas and then go over the whole area to keep the colours even. You may need to buff the furniture up before sitting in it.

If this sounds like the answer to your problems, please contact me either by phone on 07967 139636 or email, jim@heritagepolish.com to check if I have your colour in stock.

Don't forget, Heritage Polishes (Woodcare and Leathercare) can be obtained online, visit www.heritagepolish,com

No comments: