Pages

Thursday 28 May 2009

How do I use Heritage Woodcare on my garden furniture

I have had an anonymous comment to my last post asking for information on using Heritage Woodcare on garden furniture. (I have tried to publish this comment but being silver haired and not having my 12yr old grandson to hand I don't know if I have done it right)
However, the first thing to check is the condition of your furniture. If it is new you are OK. Older furniture as long as it has not gone silvery again you are OK. If it has gone silvery, you will need to sand it and remove ALL this weathered effect - any left on will go black! You then use the Heritage Woodcare in the usual way i.e. first give the bottle a really good shake and pour a little in to a container, soak any soft cloth in the polish and squeeze the cloth out, also ring the cloth out What is left in the container you then pour back in the bottle. Then you just wipe, ensuring you wipe all the surfaces of the wood,
This will give a natural effect. I would recommend your furniture is treated at least once per month. If you want a coloured effect on your furniture apply the stain after sanding and before using Heritage.NB with new furniture take advice from the manufacturer before applying stain
Heritage Woodcare can be bought at the Heritage Polish stand at the Milton Keynes Garden Show or online from www.heritagepolish.com/wood.hthl

No comments: