Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2009

what removes bitumen from cement floors?

A few days ago I had an email from a customer asking me if Heritage Woodcare will remove bitumen from a cement floor. I replied to him that whilst I would love to promote my own product, and given time I am sure it would, I felt a quicker way would be achieved by using a solvent. There are dangers of course in the use of solvents (do not smoke or have a naked flame, do ensure there is adequate ventillation) and these I pointed out. I also felt the floor could be discoloured. I felt also that I had to point out that I had no expertise in this area.
If you read this, do let me know if my advice worked - preferably by posting a comment that I can publish.

Heritage Woodcare does have many benefits (cleans and polishes in one, removes heat marks ring marks, water marks). It can be ordered online, visit www.heritagepolish.com/wood.html

1 comment:

Dilip Mutum said...

Thin the bitumen using petrol and scrub using a wire brush. Then wash with detergent. Some stain might remain.