Pages

Saturday 14 March 2009

Well! what a couple of days

Well! what a couple of days.
It started yesterday when I went to my cousin's funeral. He was 51 when he died but appears to have packed a lot into his short life. He was an accomplished artist and musician having been in different bands in Leicester and was also very much into motor bikes. I have never been to a funeral quite like this . It was similar to a humanist one but was lead by a minister from the United Reform Church. He was dressed in leathers as was the widow and many of the mourners. The minister started off by telling us we would not need the books in front of us, so there were no hymns or prayers. The ceremony was interrupted by the appearance of a model radio-controlled tank my cousin had made, and closed with someone donning a paper parrots' head and a woman with a a shawl dancing together.It was very much a celebration of his life rather than mourning his death!
I then did some shopping prior to my son and his family coming. As the car was low on fuel and we are due to visit my daughter again in the next few days I thought I had better top up.Guess who normally drives a petrol engined van but was driving a diesel engined car on this occasion. Yes - when, after a short distance the car played up I realised that you can't refuel a diesel engine with petrol. I phoned my mechanic who dragged us home and then came out this morning ,drained out the petrol, cleaned whatever in the engine, refuelled and started the car. The petrol went straight into my van so didn't get wasted but even so, the whole exercise doubled the cost of the fuel!

Don't forget, all Heritage and Green Angel products can be bought online from http://www.heritagepolish.com/

No comments: