Pages

Monday 5 April 2010

I am back from my holiday.

I am back from my holiday. I have been to Madeira for a week.

Visiting their capital, Funchall, it is absolutely amazing. You would never realise that only a few short weeks ago several thousand (I was told 200,000 but I cannot vouch for the validity of that figure) tons of rock, rubble, trees and mud, along with up to 5 million (and possibly more) litres of water poured into this city following days of rain and bad weather. I was told it happened late morning so it is possibly surprising there wasn't a greater loss of life.

Last week, when my wife and I visited, there was very little sign of the devastation this must have caused. It shows what happens when everyone pulls together.

There are up to 4 or cruise ships a day visiting Funchall. I don't think I have ever seen so many cruise ships at one time before.

No comments: