Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2010

How do I remove bitumen from leather?

In my last post I told you how to remove bitumen from a wood floor. In this post I am going to pass on a tip given to me by one of my customers at one of the shows I attended.

He told me he was in his brand new Jaguar car with cream leather upholstery. As he was driving, he went through this area where they had been relaying the road surface. Somehow, a piece of grit covered in tar got between the seat and his trousers, getting tar on both. According to my customer, his trousers were ruined, but he was able to remove the tar from his leather by wiping with a cloth soaked in Heritage Woodcare. As it was a fairly recent event, I advised him to wash his seat with soapy water, dry it thoroughly and treat with Heritage Leathercare.

Both products are avaiable online. For Heritage Woodcare, visit www.heritagepolish.com/shop/heritage-woodcare/cat_2.html. For Heritage Leathercare, visit www.heritagepolish.com/shop/heritage-leathercare/cat_4.html

No comments: